Our mission is to transform your healthcare by bringing together the power of healing touch, movement, and medicine. But that isn’t all we care about. We also strive to give back to our patients and to the community. We care about the patients and families (and the community they live in) who trust us with their healthcare and love to show how much you guys make us smile too.
One way we like to show how grateful we are is with our Patient Appreciation Day — which we recently hosted. We invited all of our wonderful patients to come in and party with us. Our patients got a free chiropractic adjustment and health screening in exchange for a donation that we could take to The Haven to help local women in need. We also had complimentary chair massages and lots of delicious food.
There are many factors that contribute to your overall health. These include diet, activity, genetics, and more. During the health screening, we provided some general markers that can help patients make the right decisions for their health. We tested our patients for the following.
- BMI: Height and weight are used to calculate your body mass index (BMI). This number can tell us if you are under or overweight. This is an important number because obesity is strongly linked to other serious conditions including heart disease and diabetes.
- Blood pressure: Hypertension is sometimes called the silent killer. You may have no symptoms, but can still be causing damage over time. Elevated blood pressure can lead to problems with the heart, eyes, kidneys, and other organs. Hypertension can also be a symptom of another medical condition.
- A1C: Many factors are used in diagnosing and treating prediabetes and diabetes. A1C is a blood test to help screen for diabetes.
Welcome Dr. Bartlett
If you would like to have a health screening of your own, come on in and see Trevor R. Bartlett, NP. He is excited to be joining Legacy Health Partners. Trevor married a local girl and has called Idaho Falls home for 14 years. He spends his spare time with his wife and three boys, mostly outdoors fishing and 4-wheeling.
Trevor is a Family Nurse Practitioner with nearly a decade of experience in cardiology, intensive care, urgent care, and family practice. We are now able to further serve our patients and community by offering:
- Primary care and family medicine
- Wellness and preventative services
- Accident and injury
- Sick visits
- Blood draws and laboratory services
- Medication management
- Scout and sport physicals
As a way to give back in our community, we asked that patients bring a donation that we could take to The Haven. The Haven Shelter provides emergency shelter, short-term transitional housing, and supportive services to homeless families and single women. Just like we work to help you transform your healthcare, The Haven works to help people transform their life. They help people develop a plan to lead to self-sufficiency. Some of the necessities that are provided to those at The Haven are clothing, bedding, toiletries, utensils, plates, bowls, and food.
A Big Success
We are proud to report that, in addition to all the supplies pictured above, Legacy Health raised more than $300 to donate to The Haven. It is an honor for us to be able to give back to the community we support and serve. Thank you to everyone who attended the event. Be on the lookout for our next Patient Appreciation Day coming up in November.
More Fun On The Way
We just finished up a fun Father’s Day giveaway on our Facebook page. If you haven’t liked our page already, you’re going to want to do so quickly because we have more fun giveaways coming! Not only do we transform your healthcare, but we also do lots of giveaways throughout the year. You can also check out our new Instagram page. So, stay tuned and invite some friends to like our page because July is going to have a pretty awesome giveaway!