UPDATE as of May 4, 2020
UPDATE as of March 30, 2020
UPDATE as of March 23, 2020
UPDATE as of March 18, 2020
Here at Legacy Health Partners, we are very concerned about keeping our patients safe while continuing their healing journey. We have amped up our sanitary measures by changing some of the techniques our doctors use to adjust — having hand sanitizer accessible before and after every treatment, as well as continuing to clean our hard surfaces regularly.
With your health in mind, we have a stock of Vitamin D3 and Echinacea-C supplements, which are proven to boost the immune system and help speed up the healing process. With Idaho reporting its first confirmed cases of COVID-19, we know patients and staff are very worried about how the virus may impact families and our community as a whole.
There will be heightened concerns about the virus and increased demand for testing, but we urge patients and staff to follow the guidance from East Idaho Public Health. They urge that only those who meet the following criteria call their healthcare provider to discuss testing for COVID-19:
- Have a cough OR fever with shortness of breath AND have traveled to a COVID-19 affected area within the prior 14 days.
- Had close contact with a lab-confirmed COVID-19 patient within the prior 14 days.
Health officials say those who do not have COVID-19 symptoms should not seek medical attention as it places an undue burden on our healthcare system. In addition, they stress the most effective way to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 is to practice basic preventative hygiene:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Events are changing rapidly and we promise to keep you updated as we receive additional guidance from the Governor’s office and Eastern Idaho Public Health. We value our patient’s health and understand if you choose to stay home or self-quarantine over the coming days. Please call us at 208-522-2591 and we will be happy to work with you to get your schedule rearranged and keep your progress on track.