Idaho Falls Chiropractic Services
Treat acute and chronic back pain with chiropractic. Dr. Wight and Dr. Holwege are the only back doctors in idaho falls that use VAX-D. It is a non-surgical therapy to treat chronic spinal pain. VAX-D gives the desired result while being both safe and cost effective. We use this treatment as an alternative to surgery.
What Is A Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a healthcare professional focused on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders. They focus on treatment through manual adjustment and/or manipulation of the spine. Chiropractors seek to reduce chronic pain and improve functionality for their patients. They also educate patients on how they can account for their own health via exercise, ergonomics, and other therapies to treat back pain.
Dr. Wight and Dr. Holwege are chiropractors in Idaho Falls that focus on the highest quality treatment of disc disorders and chronic low back pain. They do this using a revolutionary treatment known as decompression or vertebral axial distraction (VAX-D). They are excited to bring this technology to Idaho Falls and give people suffering from disc injuries a realistic non-invasive (surgery) treatment option.
VAX-D treats back and neck pain and is one of the most minimally invasive techniques. This is done by using a patented smooth logarithmic curve method to distract the spine. The treatment relieves pressure on the structures that cause back pain. Examples of this are herniated or bulging discs as well as degenerative disc disease. Studies show that VAX-D treatment has better outcomes than physical therapy, TENS, ultrasound, acupuncture, epidural steroid injections, lumbar support belts, and surgery.
A chiropractor’s bread and butter is the relationship between your spine and nervous system. The work a chiropractor does aligns the following.
- Biomechanical and structural derangement of the spine can affect the nervous system
- Chiropractic treatment can restore the structural integrity of the spine and reduce pressure on neurological tissue. This leads to improved health for the patient.
Techniques And Conditions
In addition to VAX-D, Dr. Wight and Dr. Holwege use a variety of techniques and the latest technologies. We customize services for the individual needs of each patient. These techniques include Diversified, Thompson, Activator, and Hoffman.
This is a non-proprietary and eclectic approach to spinal manipulation. It is the most common spine manipulation technique used by chiropractors. Diversified is characterized by a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust. It is considered the most generic chiropractic manipulative technique. It is different from other techniques in that its objective is to restore proper movement and alignment of the spine and joint dysfunction.
The Thompson Technique is a full-spine adjusting technique. It emphasizes high-velocity, low amplitude, and some low-force procedures. It uses a drop table as an indispensable adjunct. The Thompson Terminal Point drop table aims to protect the patient from being over-adjusted. It also promotes the clinical longevity of the doctor. The adjustments are considered to be low-force and high-velocity. A light thrust triggers the drop section release mechanism. Lumbodorsal and extremity problems are afforded less attention. However, they need to be addressed after the primary cervical and lumbar areas have been addressed.
This form of chiropractic treatment was created as an alternative to the manual manipulation of the spine or extremity joints. It uses a device that is categorized as a mechanical force manual assisted instrument. The activator is a small handheld spring-loaded instrument that delivers a small impulse to your spine. It produces enough force to move the vertebrae but not enough to cause an injury.
This technique works for upper cervical adjusting. Chiropractors use this technique to determine an exact line for correction. This allows them to know where and when to adjust the patient. Using this technique helps the nervous system function.
This allows a wide range of options to be able to effectively manage the toughest of cases. Here are some of the common issues that our patients are dealing with.
- Lower back and/or leg pain
- Neck pain
- Repetitive strains
- Injuries from sports or accidents
- Knee pain
- Foot pain
- Shoulder pain
- Wrist pain
Your Initial Exam With Chiropractors In Idaho Falls
When you come in for your initial exam, there are three parts to the appointment. They are a consultation, case history and a physical exam. This includes an exam x-ray. Here’s a bit more about each part.
- Consultation: You will talk with the patient care coordinator and give a brief description of your symptoms and pain. You should discuss the duration and frequency of your symptoms, problem areas, what helps you feel better, and what makes you feel worse.
- Case history: You’ll talk with the patient care coordinator to identify the nature of your pain. With this, the patient care coordinator learns more about your history, including family history, diet, history of other treatments, occupational history, and other areas that may come up based on your answers during the discussion. Then we review it with the chiropractor.
- Physical exam: There are a few ways for chiropractors to determine what parts of your body need treatment. These include static and motion palpation techniques to determine the parts of the spine that are restricted in movement. We take x-rays frequently during these visits.
You deserve to live pain-free. Dr. Wight and Dr. Holwege are the chiropractors in Idaho Falls who can help make that happen. If you think that VAX-D or any other treatment offered at Legacy Health Partners might help you to live better, you can request a free consultation where we will provide medical advice. You’ll also want to check out a new program that is available to help those patients with no insurance, or high deductibles, to find an affordable solution to their healthcare needs. ChiroHealth USA primarily targets chiropractic work, but can be used for ALL providers at Legacy Health Partners. The ChiroHealth USA program covers chiropractic, physical therapy, and even massage therapy.
"*" indicates required fields
Chiropractor Vs Back Doctors In Idaho Falls
If you are in pain — especially in your back or neck — the last thing you want is to be worrying about where you should go for pain relief. Maybe you were in a car accident and suffered whiplash. Or maybe you have an old injury that has been impacting your quality of life and you’d like some pain relief. Either way, there are plenty of spine specialists who will say they can offer you that pain relief. Either way, there are plenty of spine specialists who will say they can offer you that pain relief. Here we’ll compare a chiropractor and back doctors in Idaho Falls (and East Idaho).
- Injuries and symptoms treated. Chiropractors and back doctors are both focused on the spine and the musculoskeletal system that surrounds and supports the spine. Therefore, they use the latest technologies to treat similar types of injuries, chronic pain, and anything else with symptoms of spine and neck pain.
- Treatment goals. Both chiropractors and back doctors have the goal for their medical care of helping to relieve the pain caused by spinal conditions. A visit to either doctor will mean that they’ll assess the area that is causing you trouble and then develop a game plan for the treatment of your back pain. Both orthopedic doctors and chiropractors in Idaho Falls use imaging tools like x-rays to confirm their diagnosis. The goal is to give you the highest quality of life possible. This means identifying the source of pain and providing pain relief with long-lasting results.
- Referrals. For many patients, chiropractors and back doctors work with other medical providers to ensure that you are getting the highest quality care from those you trust to provide medical advice about your spinal conditions or other issues you may be dealing with. For example, we work closely with physical therapists who can assist in your recovery process.
- Treatment techniques. While a back doctor and a chiropractor in Idaho Falls have the same goal of relieving their patient’s pain, the way that goal is met can vary. For example, chiropractors offer the most minimally invasive techniques for pain relief. Chiropractors focus on identifying areas of the spine that are misaligned and using adjustment techniques to re-align the spine. On the other hand, a back doctor uses a combination of techniques and the latest technologies for pain management. And in serious cases, maybe even spine surgery.
- Surgical options. Back doctors offer surgical options for people with serious injuries or chronic pain that hasn’t responded to other forms of treatment. Chiropractors do what they can to help patients with pain relief without spine surgery. No matter who is giving you medical advice, surgery should only be explored if other, more conservative, approaches have been tried.