Treat acute and chronic back pain with a chiropractor Idaho Falls. Dr. Wight is the only physician in the area that uses VAX-D. It is a non-surgical therapy to treat chronic spinal pain. VAX-D gives the desired result while being both safe and cost effective. It is used as an alternative to surgery.
What Is A Chiropractor?
A chiropractor Idaho Falls is a healthcare professional focused on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, with an emphasis on treatment through manual adjustment and/or manipulation of the spine. Chiropractors seek to reduce pain and improve functionality for their patients. They also educate patients on how they can account for their own health via exercise, ergonomics and other therapies to treat back pain.
Dr. Wight focuses on the treatment of disc disorders and chronic low back pain. He does this using a revolutionary treatment known as decompression or vertebral axial distraction (VAX-D). He is excited to bring this technology to his hometown of Idaho Falls and give people suffering from disc injuries a realistic non-invasive (surgery) treatment option.
VAX-D is used to treat back and neck pain. This is done by using a patented smooth logarithmic curve method to distract the spine. Dr. Wight uses this decompression system with biofeedback and multi-axis motion control. The treatment relieves pressure on the structures that cause back pain. Examples of this are herniated or bulging discs as well as degenerative disc disease. Studies show that VAX-D treatment has better outcomes than physical therapy, TENS, ultrasound, acupuncture, epidural steroid injections, lumbar support belts, and surgery.
A chiropractor’s bread and butter is the relationship between your spine and nervous system. The work a chiropractor Idaho Falls does aligns the following.
- Biomechanical and structural derangement of the spine can affect the nervous system
- Chiropractic treatment can restore the structural integrity of the spine and reduce pressure on neurological tissue. This leads to improved health for the patient.
Techniques And Conditions
In addition to VAX-D, Dr. Wight uses a variety of techniques. These are customized to the individual needs of each patient. These techniques include Diversified, Thompson, Activator and Hoffman.
- Diversified: This is a non-proprietary and eclectic approach to spinal manipulation. It is the most common spine manipulation technique used by chiropractors. Diversified is characterized by a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust. It is considered the most generic chiropractic manipulative technique. It is different from other techniques in that its objective is to restore proper movement and alignment of spine and joint dysfunction.
- Thompson: The Thompson Technique is a full-spine adjusting technique. It emphasizes high-velocity, low amplitude and some low-force procedures. It uses a drop table as an indispensable adjunct. The Thompson Terminal Point drop table aims to protect the patient from being over-adjusted. It also promotes the clinical longevity of the doctor. The adjustments are considered to be low-force and high-velocity. A light thrust triggers the drop section release mechanism. Lumbodorsal and extremity problems are afforded less attention. However they need to be addressed after the primary cervical and lumbar areas have been addressed.
- Activator: This form of chiropractic treatment was created as an alternative to the manual manipulation of the spine or extremity joints. It uses a device that is categorized as a mechanical force manual assisted instrument. This is regarded as a softer chiropractic treatment technique. The activator is a small handheld spring-loaded instrument that delivers a small impulse to your spine. It is intended to produce enough force to move the vertebrae but not enough to cause an injury.
- Hoffman: This technique is used for upper cervical adjusting. Chiropractors use this technique to determine an exact line for correction. This allows them to know where and when to adjust the patient. Using this technique helps the nervous system function.
This allows a wide range of options to be able to effectively manage the toughest of cases. Here are some of the common issues that our patients are dealing with.
- Lower back and/or leg pain
- Neck pain
- Repetitive strains
- Injuries from sports or accidents
Your Initial Exam
When you come in for your initial exam, there are three parts to the appointment. They are a consultation, case history and a physical exam. This includes a lab exam and an x-ray. Here’s a bit more about each part.
- Consultation: You will talk with the chiropractor Idaho Falls and give a brief description of the symptoms of back pain. You should discuss the duration and frequency of your symptoms, problem areas, what helps you feel better and what makes you feel worse.
- Case history: You’ll talk with the chiropractor to identify the nature of your pain. As the chiropractor learns more about your history, including family history, diet, history of other treatments, occupational history and other areas that may come up based on your answers during the discussion.
- Physical exam: There are a few ways for chiropractors to determine what parts of your body need treatment. These may include static and motion palpation techniques to determine the parts of the spine that are restricted in movement. These findings may call for more tests like x-rays or the use of a device that will detect the skin temperature in the paraspinal region. This will reveal any significant temperature differences that may require manipulation.
You deserve to live pain free. Dr. Wight and Legacy Health Partners can help make that happen. If you think that VAX-D or any other treatment offered at Legacy Health Partners might help you to live better, you can request a free consultation. You’ll also want to check out a new program that is available to help those patients with no insurance, or high deductibles, to find an affordable solution to their healthcare needs. This primarily targets chiropractic work, but can be used for ALL providers at Legacy Health Partners. The program is called ChiroHealth USA. The ChiroHealth USA program covers medical, physical therapy and even massage therapy.